Thursday, June 2, 2011

We're Here For You!

I apologize for the lack of content yesterday. My internet connection went down Tuesday and the fine folks at Time Warner Cable scheduled a technician to fix the problem sometime between 8 AM and 9 PM. When 10 PM rolled around, after I spent an entire day twiddling my thumbs, I called customer service to see what was up. The very pleasant representative informed me that, gosh, the problem was area-wide and my appointment had been canceled. Sadly, the skilled technicians in the service department didn't have time to, you know, call me.

Bravo, Time Warner! Thanks for wasting my time. I'd lash out at your incompetence, but your monopoly service agreement with my municipality means you're immune to any repercussions for another two years.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

4 comments:

Phil said...

Don't worry about it. I think all internet providers are just as worthless when you have a problem.

CoastConFan said...

Most large corporations, especially lazy monopolistic ones, have a communications disconnect between themselves and their customers. More importantly, they have a disconnect between important departments that should be communicating. The appointment section had no idea that the problem was wide spread because nobody told them and the department head was so incompetent that it never occurred to them that this might happen. So much for billion dollar corporations or government agencies, where everybody is worried about looking good, not making waves, and above all, not thinking. End tirade. Ha Ha the security word for this posting was "magog", somebody is really watching.

Harald said...

That's what happens when the corporate hegemony is allowed to operate unchecked.

Raven said...

Might I suggest simply submitting an invoice for your time?

No complaints, no lengthy explanation, just the number of hours you waited (14) and your hourly rate, multiplied to get the total you want them to pay you.

Should you charge time-and-a-half after the first eight hours? By gum, I think you'd be justified. You were held back from going anywhere *else* that day.

I think you've demonstrated the documentary skills to make an invoice look damned official. Their Accounts Payable Department pay invoices every day....